Keto-Friendly Flax Muffins
This is such a simple, versatile muffin (or loaf) batter that you really can style it up any way you want. I've made these with berries, chocolate chips, and even with a little banana if I'm not focusing on carbs. I've also made it as is without any added ingredients and it tastes great warm with a little bit of butter spread over it.
- 2 Cups Ground Flax Seed/Meal**
**If you want something more moist or if you don't like the taste of flax, sub one cup for one cup of almond or coconut flour
- 5 Whole Eggs
- 5 TBS Avocado Oil
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 5 Packets Sweet-n-Low
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder (flavor of choice)
- Pinch Salt
- (Optional) 1 Scoop MCT Oil Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
2. Add in wet ingredients, mix well to combine
3. Line muffin pan with liners, and fill them 1/2 full with batter. Or you can pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray or oiled
4. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes; loaf for 35-40 minutes. Tops should be starting to brown and might still look wet. Check with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. If you overcook it, these will be dry!
The flax seed and protein powder can sometimes make for a dry loaf/muffin. If you prefer something much more moist, I recommend subbing one cup of flax with almond flour!