5 Minute Healthy "Pizza"
This is a ridiculously easy recipe that I'm just sharing with you as a way to crush a pizza craving when you don't want all the carbs or oil from the crust. I get it, it's not necessarily PIZZA, but you get enough pizza vibes from it that it does the trick when you're trying to be healthy and don't have a lot of time.
3 Whole Egg Whites (or 2 Whole Eggs)
2 TBS Marinara/Pasta Sauce
1oz (or a few slices) of Pepperoni (optional)
1oz Shredded Cheese of Choice
1 TBS Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- If using whole eggs or egg whites from shelled eggs, whisk them together in a small bowl. If using egg whites from a carton, skip to step 2.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour eggs into hot skillet and fry about 2-3 minutes (or until egg patty becomes loose and flippable like a pancake)
- While the second side is cooking, spread your marinara sauce, pepperoni, and shredded cheese on top to melt and warm up. You can use a lid to get a deep melt on the cheese but it is not necessary. Sprinkle on the parmesan, if using.
- Once this side of the egg becomes loose and can slide around the pan without sticking, serve warm on a plate. Enjoy!